Thursday, July 31, 2014

When It Happens by Susane Colasanti - Book Review



















Title: When It Happens 
Author: Susane Colasanti 
Publication: May 4, 2006
Series: None. 
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

At the start of her senior year in high school, Sara wants two things: to get into a top college and to find true love.Tobey also wants two things for his senior year: to win Battle of the Bands and to make Sara fall in love with him. However, a popular jock named Dave moves in on Sara first. But Tobey’s quirky wit and big blue eyes are hard for Sara to ignore. Plus, he gets the little things that matter to her. Can a slacker rock-star wannabe win the heart of a pretty class brain like Sara?

Hilariously and movingly told through Tobey and Sara’s authentic voices, Susane Colasanti’s debut novel sizzles in its portrayal of two young people searching for The One.

My Review:

I loved this book. I thought it was adorable, hilarious and just so cute. I could not believe what a douche bag Dave was. Thank god she left him in the beginning. I don't think I would have enjoyed this book as much if she was with him throughout most of the book. I get it though, we all have our love struck moments but sometimes we don't notice the ones under the movie stars and we could miss such a shot by looking above and beyond. I enjoyed Susane's book Something Like Fate. I am still impressed with her writing and she is one of my favorite contemporary writers along with Sarah Dessen.  

- Sara
I loved Sara's character. I love her intelligenceness. Is that a word? No? Then I just made it one. How come awesomeness is a word but not intelligenceness? Getting off track, back to the story. I am glad she stood her ground with Dave, she shouldn't have to be pressured to do anything that she didn't want to do. And Dave was pressuring her a whole lot. She deserved so much more, like Tobey maybe?  

- Tobey
I loved Tobey's character as well! I thought he was amazing and hilarious. He was shy, adorable, and I just couldn't stop grinning whenever he talked. He has the effect on the ladies. I thought he was a great character.

Overall, this was a great book. I am glad I read it now. I thought this was a great summer romance read and I have been getting a lot of those! Even though they were in school...still felt like summer to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment