Thursday, July 31, 2014

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer - Book Review



















Title: Life As We Knew It 
Author: Susan Beth Pfeffer 
Publication: October 1, 2006 
Series: Life As We Knew It #1 
Format: Hardcover 
My Rating: 

Summary:

Miranda’s disbelief turns to fear in a split second when a meteor knocks the moon closer to the earth. How should her family prepare for the future when worldwide tsunamis wipe out the coasts, earthquakes rock the continents, and volcanic ash blocks out the sun? As summer turns to Arctic winter, Miranda, her two brothers, and their mother retreat to the unexpected safe haven of their sunroom, where they subsist on stockpiled food and limited water in the warmth of a wood-burning stove.

Told in journal entries, this is the heart-pounding story of Miranda’s struggle to hold on to the most important resource of all--hope--in an increasingly desperate and unfamiliar world.

My Review:

I did not like this book at all. I was bored throughout the entire book. I did not find this enjoyable and thought I wasted a lot of time through this book. It took me awhile to finish this, I thought it was going to get better but I just couldn't enjoy it. I tried to see what got people to love this book but I couldn't find anything I liked. The only scene I enjoyed was the shopping market but that was in the beginning and didn't last a long time.  

It is weird to know that even a little thing like the moon can change so much. I don't think I will be continuing this series anytime soon. Hopefully, if I do continue this series it gets better and does not get worse like I imagine it would. I am so interested in this series as I first was.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the first book but the others in the series were a let down... so since you didn't like the first I don't recommend the others.... I'm a new follower, just thought I'd drop a comment. I really like your blog, it's one of the best I've seen honestly. If you wouldn't mind, please check mine out: http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete