Thursday, July 31, 2014

I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison - Book Review



















Title: I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend
Author: Cora Harrison 
Publication: September 28, 2010 
Series: None. 
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥

Summary:

When shy Jenny Cooper goes to stay with her cousin Jane Austen, she knows nothing of the world of beautiful dresses, dances, secrets, gossip, and romance that Jane inhabits. At fifteen, Jane is already a sharp observer of the customs of courtship. So when Jenny falls utterly in love with Captain Thomas Williams, who better than Jane to help her win the heart of this dashing man?  

But is that even possible? After all, Jenny’s been harboring a most desperate secret. Should it become known, it would bring scandal not only to her, but also to the wonderful Austen family. What’s a poor orphan girl to do?  

In this delicious dance between truth and fiction, Cora Harrison has crafted Jenny’s secret diary by reading everything Jane Austen wrote as a child and an adult, and by researching biographies, critical studies, and family letters. Jenny’s diary makes the past spring vividly to life and provides insight into the entire Austen family—especially the beloved Jane.

My Review:

I did not really enjoy this book. I was bored at so many times, I am even becoming dull with writing this review. I just finished a five star book review, all excited and pumped from writing it and now I coming to this one. I am recalling all the scenes and found this book rather childish. I did not enjoy it. I would have given it 1 star but it was an okay book. There were just a few scenes (maybe one or two) that I enjoyed. I liked reading Jane's writings. But the whole story being upon love at such a young age? Jenny fell in love with every man she met!  

Marrying a man she had known for just 3 weeks and they both thinking they are in love with each other? Please. I just couldn't bear this book. It was rather boring and full of baloney. I thought that she was going to have another kind of love story with Captain Thomas but it was dull and as I said more than once, boring. The only thing that give this book 2 stars instead of 1 were Jane's writings. I love the way she wrote. But the book itself was not that enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment