Thursday, July 31, 2014

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles - Book Review



















Title: Perfect Chemistry 
Author: Simone Elkeles 
Publication: December 23, 2008 
Series: Perfect Chemistry #1 
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.  

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created 'perfect' life is about to unravel before her eyes. She's forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect.  

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

Summary:

This was an amazing read. I really loved this book. I have been wanting to read this book for awhile and now that I have, I am so glad I did. I thought this was a great book, the characters where awesome, Alex and Brittany are complete opposites but it's true what they say, opposites attract. Their romance was adorable and I am jealous that I do not have this.  

- Brittany
Brittany's life isn't as perfect as it seems. I do not how it would feel to me if I had to act perfect for my family's reputation as she did. I thought Brittany's character was great, even though she lived a facade her real life is much better than her plastic side. And I'm pretty sure Alex agrees with me. Or I agreed with him, either way that is how we both felt about Brittany. She is smart, really pretty, and she is someone who I am seriously jealous about.  

- Alex
Alex broke my heart through this book. He made me cry more than once, he is courageous and takes care of those he loves. Throughout the book, you understand why he acts the way he did, why he was part of the gang. He protects his family in a way that just breaks my heart. I thought the ending was perfect for this book. I couldn't have pictured a better ending.  

Overall, I loved this book. I don't understand how people could live a life like they did, it was sad and I am grateful for everything I have. You realize how lucky you can be to have siblings that love you even if you fight and lucky to have the friends you do. I thought this was a perfect book and I just couldn't see it going a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment