Saturday, November 15, 2014

Crossing the Line by Katie McGarry - Book Review


















Title: Crossing the Line 
Author: Katie McGarry 
Publication: April 1, 2013
Series: Pushing the Limits #1.1 
Format: Ebook 
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Summary:

Katie McGarry captivated readers with her “riveting, emotional”* Young Adult debut, Pushing the Limits. In this gripping novella, she tells the story of Lila and Lincoln, who discover that sometimes it’s worth crossing the line for love…

Lila McCormick, Echo's best friend from Pushing the Limits, first met Lincoln Turner when tragedy struck both their lives. But she never expected their surprise encounter would lead to two years of exchanging letters—or that she’d fall for the boy she’s only seen once. Their relationship is a secret, but Lila feels closer to Lincoln than anyone else. Until she finds out that he lied to her about the one thing she depended on him for the most.

Hurting Lila is the last thing Lincoln wanted. For two years, her letters have been the only thing getting him through the day. Admitting his feelings would cross a line he’s never dared breach before. But Lincoln will do whatever it takes to fix his mistakes, earn Lila’s forgiveness—and finally win a chance to be with the girl he loves.

My Review:

“The entire sky erupted into hundreds of streaks of light. I never felt so alive. I wished that you were here with me or me with you. But I think you were. Call me crazy, but it was a moment, Lila, and I'm glad I shared it with you. Even if it was from a couple hundred miles away. ~Lincoln”

I loved this book! The only thing I can say I dislike the most was that it was so damn short. I craved for more, I loved the storyline between Lila and Lincoln (as I always do in this series) it ended way too fast for my liking.

- Lila
I feel like I have a lot in common with Lila. Things that were happening with her, her anxiety and all, I can relate to, I have horrible anxiety so I felt much more connected to Lila. I loved Lila's character and I just enjoyed this book so much.

- Lincoln
Lincoln was a sweetheart. I thought it was adorable how he was able to make Lila feel better about herself and was able to make her stronger. I thought that Lincoln was the most amazing thing. He is sweet, gorgeous and so much more. There are many layers to him and I loved seeing them all.

Overall, this was an amazing book. I really wanted this to be a full on book or an epilogue to see what happens next. I was looking forward to a rock-climbing scene! I was so in love this book. It was adorable, funny an amazing. I can't wait to get the next novella coming out for this series! I start over fangirling when I see a character from a previous book make a reappearance. I loved this book.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Even though I don't usually pick up books like this I'm considering it :)

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/review-titans-curse-percy-jackson-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to never like novellas but I have been really enjoying them lately :)

      Delete